The Paradox of Direct and Kind CommunicationAugust 22, 2023
Caffeinated Thought of the Week:
There are many things in life that are better served with an AND instead of OR…Pizza AND Wings come on. Now how about communication, why do we need to be both direct AND kind?
- Directness addresses issues, and kindness softens potential conflicts during discussions.
- Kindness maintains respect, even when discussing challenging topics directly.
Quote of the Week:
“Clarity is kind” - Dave Ramsey
Podcast of the Week:
Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast: Lead Like It Matters, Part 1
- Direct communication closes the gap between confusion and clarity.
- Don’t expect people to fill in your gaps.
- Try being helpful over positive
- indness is putting yourself in someone’s shoes
Sign up for the BetterWithBabs newsletter.