Unlocking Trust - Build Stronger RelationshipsOctober 3, 2023
Caffeinated Thought of the Week:
Have you ever met someone for the first time and then left the conversation thinking, “I can’t put my finger on it but I trust what that guy is saying”. Trust is truly the currency of all relationships but how can we get to that point?
Dr. Henry Cloud wrote a book called Trust which gives 5 key elements of trust;
- Understanding - As a leader, show your people you know the challenges they are going through and fight for them
- Motive - Be authentic in looking for ways to show your motive is to help them.
- Ability - You must be able to deliver on what someone is trusting you with.
- Character - This is about who you are when people are or aren’t watching.
- Track Record - What is your history with coming through for people?
If you look at the actions you’ve taken in the last 24 hours, what track record are you building?
Quote of the Week:
“Can’t persuade a closed door.” - I think its saying but heard it in a podcast with Dr. Cloud
Action of the Week:
Think about it or maybe just go out and ask someone close to you, “What’s it like to be on the other side of me?” or “What’s it like to work with me?”
Sign up for the BetterWithBabs newsletter.